Struggler at Struggling to be Stylish kindly passed along a blogger-to-blogger award:
Problem is, in accepting the award one is supposed to fulfill various requirements. Requirements I will, depending on how lax one’s point of view is, either bend or ignore. That probably disqualifies me from receiving future awards of this type, huh?
I swear I considered recusing myself from sticking ole Honest Scrap on this vehicle, but I find the icon graphically pleasing and kind of enjoy seeing it here.
Poor Struggler, choosing a lame and oppositionally-defiant duck as an awardee!
10 Honest Things About Myself (in Addition to What’s Above):
1. I grew up on murder mysteries and 70s-era novels about suburban infidelity. In retrospect, 5th grade may have been a little young to start reading the latter.
2. Approximately twice a year, I’m a morning person.
3. I’m rarely an early adopter…and after 10+ years of online forums, I haven’t really transitioned into being a blog reader. Partially because my old computer crashed when I visited all the pretty, image-heavy ones. But I’m getting there.
4. I live in a modest 1905 fixer, and after years of fixing–or avoiding fixing–I’m burnt out on decor and yard stuff. Which is bad because there’s a LOT more to do!
[Ironically, We Now Interrupt This Post so that I can go stand on the roof and hold the Silent Paint Remover, which enables Mr Vix's window-scraping.]
~ returning ~
5. See #3 and #4 above, then check out the decor-and-more-related blogs of 3 very talented women I have “known” for years via online forums:
(I’m probably missing a few bloggers from this group that I actually mean to include, but hopefully they’ll let me know!)
6. I find Facebook completely overwhelming and tend to avoid it. Also I think the interface is uglier than a tarantula’s butt. YEAH I SAID IT
7. Per my profile, I am getting more shallow as I age, not less shallow.
8. I can neither whistle nor blow bubbles with gum; this horrifies my grandmother. [Who tried and failed to teach me how to do both.] By the way, I’m sorely tempted to add a VULGAR postscript to this but won’t.
9. I have a “thing” about tagging people for stuff and can’t do it. Yes, I know it’s crazy and a tagee probably wouldn’t think I was imposing. But. Anyway: think about visiting Struggler and those bloggers above. And the ones on my sidebar. Especially Bingo, since she is on hiatus BUT SHOULDN’T BE.
10. Related to #9: Lists like these paralyze me and I can never think of a damn thing to say that’s remotely interesting. For an admitted narcissist, that’s a real heartstring-puller.
Filed under: blogger-to-blogger | Tagged: blogger award, blogger community | 2 Comments »